Join the ranks of over 250 individuals volunteering their time as an investment in their community’s economy.
We are looking to fill the following long-term planning roles and a number of short-term event-only roles right away!
Sign Up to Volunteer Below:
- Available to work with the Core Team in advance of the event
- Meet 1-2 hours in person fortnightly to check in on progress and work through issues
- Take ownership of research and documentation to support the Core Team
- Volunteer Coordinator – ensures the volunteers have a clear plan of action, scope of responsibilities, and a scheduled time/date for appearance. Also lines up volunteer gifts.
- Venue and Vendor Coordinator – ensures the venues and vendors (e.g. food/beverage) have a setup plan and list of events, tech setup needs, and schedule planning ahead of the event.
- Website + Social Media Coordinator – helps update the website and social media.
- Sponsorship Coordinator – helps wrangle sponsorships for the event.
- Speaker Coordinator – helps wrangle speakers for the event, including lining up speaker gifts, snagging bios and photos, and updating the schedule as needed.
- Outline potential sessions and recruit speakers for the track
- Recruit track volunteers and vet for skills needed (meet and greet, session intro, setup and break down, rover, etc.)
- Contribute to media plan including content (talking points, stories, blog posts, etc), specific media targets, and calendar to assure optimal coverage of the track
- Communicate status to Organizer Team
- Work with participating organizations to promote the event
- Provide inventory of what is needed at each venue 6-8 weeks in advance to assure time to order and deliver
Likely Content Captain Tracks:
Event Only Volunteers
- Attend a training before Founded in FoCo (FiFC) – Early to Mid September.
- Act as an ambassador/greeter, spread the word about FiFC, serve as a tech assistant, or live streamer.