Have a session or workshop idea you want to see at Founded in FoCo?
Apply to Speak and Submit a Session
We’re looking for excellent, dedicated presenters, speakers, and organizers to enhance our program!
What makes for a good session?
- 95% to 5% Rule: 95% amazing content, 5% self-promotion (if any). Seriously: do not use this as a self-promotion vehicle. If you do, you will not be asked to speak again.
- Attendance goes WAY up when there is a VERY CLEAR take-away from the session: “by the end of this session, you will know how to _______”.
- Speakers engage their audience ahead of time and promote their own talk.
- Speakers create a Facebook event for their session and add FiFC as a host.
- Speakers have a cover image (use Canva’s PowerPoint slide size, it’s super simple).
- Promote their session and the event with the network and on social media
- Speakers have a hand-out/slides posted to Sched. Don’t rely on your PowerPoint deck. Attendees are there to learn from YOU, not read slides.
- Practice, practice, practice. You can organize a listening session with our team when selected.
How is programming chosen for Founded in FoCo?
The volunteer team has track leads who aim to curate 75% of the sessions to align with our core themes. “Curated” means our core team pulls from known speakers and content captains to recruit speakers.
You can discuss your ideas with our planning team and a “Content Captain.” If you haven’t gone through a content captain to apply, you’ll be pooled into the 25% of open submissions, and your session is not guaranteed.
Don’t lose hope if your session isn’t selected for this year’s Founded in FoCo; we plan events throughout the year to help sustain the entrepreneurial community in and around Northern Colorado, and we also have a podcast and recorded panels that help us get to know new speakers while also providing you a platform to teach!
If we like your idea but can’t fit it into the schedule, we’ll find a partner to help you host it another time.
Share Session Idea / Apply to Present
Start here: fill out the form to get started and share your ideas with us.
If there’s anything we can do to make it easier for you to apply, please do let us know. We’re committed to supporting diverse members of our community and challenging known and unknown barriers to providing access to the opportunities we offer. Reach out to us at [email protected]