Have a session idea you want to see at Founded in FoCo?
Apply to Speak and Submit a Session
We’re looking for excellent, dedicated presenters, speakers, and organizers to enhance our program!
What makes for a good FiFC session?
- 95% to 5% Rule: 95% amazing content, 5% self-promotion (if any). Seriously: do not use this as a self-promotion vehicle. If you do, you will not be asked to speak again.
- Attendance goes WAY up when there is a VERY CLEAR take-away from the session: “by the end of this session, you will know how to _______”.
- Speakers engage their audience ahead of time and promote their own talk.
- Speakers create a Facebook event for their session and add FiFC as a host.
- Speakers have a cover image (use Canva’s PowerPoint slide size, it’s super simple).
- Promote their session and the event with the network and on social media
- Speakers have a hand-out/slides posted to Sched. Don’t rely on your PowerPoint deck. Attendees are there to learn from YOU, not read slides.
- Practice, practice, practice. You can organize a listening session with our team when selected.
How are sessions chosen for Founded in FoCo?
We aim to curate 75% of the sessions to align with our core themes. “Curated” means our core team pulls from known speakers and content captains to recruit speakers.
You’re encouraged to discuss your ideas with our planning team and a “Content Captain.” If you haven’t gone through a content captain to get to this form, you’ll be pooled into the 25% of open submissions. That means your session is not guaranteed.
Don’t lose hope if your session isn’t selected for this year’s Founded in FoCo; we plan events throughout the year to help sustain the entrepreneurial community in and around Northern Colorado, and we also have a podcast and recorded panels that help us get to know new speakers while also providing you a platform to teach!
If we like your idea but can’t fit it into the schedule, we’ll find a partner to help you host it another time.
Speak at Founded in FoCo 2024
*THIS IS THE SPEAKER SUBMISSION FORM FOR 2024'S EVENT