Whole Day To Help Nonprofits Get On Track at Founded in FoCo
Fort Collins, CO
Front Range Community College
Friday, March 3, 2023 • 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
For the second year, Founded in FoCo (Formerly Fort Collins Startup Week) will dedicate a whole day – March 3rd – to providing free workshops, consulting and networking opportunities to the Northern Colorado nonprofit community.
The goal of the day is to help nonprofits build on a strong organizational foundation. The day is one of three days at Founded in FoCo, March 1 – 3, 2023, an event for the community, by the community to spark new ideas, learn from peers, and build relationships.
The nonprofit sector comprises the third largest workforce in the United States. In 2020, nonprofits contributed 5.9% to the U.S. GDP. Yet, the failure rate for nonprofits is extremely high. The Founded In FoCo Nonprofit Track is designed to help nonprofit leaders build solid, sustainable organizations that can serve their communities over the long haul.
Running a nonprofit can have its challenges. Nonprofit track lead organizer Kim Fisher (VisionCatalyst) empathizes, “It can be lonely to be a nonprofit leader. You not only manage your programs, but need to raise the funds at the same time. This event will be a great opportunity to connect with people that understand the unique challenges you face in your work.”
Nonprofit Day will also feature a 1-hour nonprofit consultant “speed dating” event at noon, as well as a free networking luncheon catered by FoCo Café. The Nonprofit Track Committee’s goal is to provide a place where nonprofit professionals can gather to share knowledge and resources, trials and triumphs.
The day will begin with three morning sessions for startup nonprofits and anyone thinking about starting a nonprofit organization. The afternoon sessions will focus on educating established nonprofits on building and operating their organizations like a for-profit business (which makes it more sustainable):
- Steps to Starting a Nonprofit (Kim Fisher – CEO, Vision Catalyst)
- Building an Effective and Accountable Board (Hannah Casey – Associate Program Manager, Bohemian Foundation)
- Taking the Guesswork Out of Fundraising Through Planning (Chris Imsland – Principal Owner, Imsland Consulting)
- Networking Lunch (catered by FoCo Café) and Nonprofit Consultant Speed Dating
- Get Into Your Donor’s Head (Denichiro “Denny” Otsuga – Director, Venture Community Development, Rockies Venture Club & Carol Bennis, Principal Consultant, Riverside Consulting Partners)
- Run Your Nonprofit Like a Business (Carol Bennis – Principal Consultant, Riverside Consulting Partners)
- Strategic Planning, Simplified (Elizabeth Martin – Director of Strategy & Development, Museum of Art, Fort Collins)
Learn more about the Founded In FoCo Nonprofit Track and RSVP here: https://foundedinfoco.com/nonprofit-track/
Nonprofit Strategist, Vision Catalyst
NonProfit Day Co-Lead, Founded in FoCo
(650) 759-2940 • [email protected]
Marketing & Outreach Lead, Founded in FoCo
(207) 233-8155 • [email protected]
About Founded In FoCo: March 1 – 3, 2023
Founded in Fort Collins is a free, 3-day celebration of the entrepreneurial spirit in our community. Formerly known as Fort Collins Startup Week, the event features 50+ speakers across sectors and industries with topics including scaling your business, leadership, marketing, fundraising, sales, and more.
Led by a diverse group of local entrepreneurs and experts representing Northern Colorado’s best and brightest business minds, each session is packed to the brim with actionable information on the topic at hand.
For more information about Founded In FoCo, visit https://foundedinfoco.com/